Vanquishing My Debt

I'm 29 and trying to get a handle on my finances so that, one day, I can buy a home of my own. I've been reading personal finance blogs recently and decided to start one chronicling my own struggles and success (hopefully). I am lucky, considering the amounts of debt and tales of tragedy I've read about... but I am making some positive changes and moving in the right direction.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Concert Ticket Conundrum - Follow-Up Post

Well, I bit the bullet and sold the second pair of tickets also. I was feeling a bit mournful yesterday after receiving Ebay's "But It Now" confirmation, then getting into my car 30 minutes later and hearing my band's song on the radio, but I have bounced back. I have given these musical strangers enough money over the last decade. I am happy and feeling positive about the steps I've taken to get out of this debt cycle. Eye of the tiger, baby! I am feeling "gazelle intense."

I have issues with the phrase "gazelle intense," though. Sorry, Dave Ramsey. I understand the logic involved in this phrase - the gazelles darting and dodging as the predators attack - but it just doesn't work for me. Gazelles have always seemed very peaceful and complacent to me... not uber intense. Cheetahs are intense, gorillas are intense, snakes are intense. Gazelles are... friendly.. and gentle... and Bambi-like. Gazelles are like large fluffy bunnies. Sugar, spice and everything nice. Like they would love to nuzzle you if you'd let them.

I don't want to nuzzle my credit cards. I want to throw them down on the ground and rip them apart. I want to roam around the field with the debt carnage dripping from my chin. I want the credit companies to see me and retreat in awe and a bit of fear. I want to be a legend of prowess and power. I want to be the bad-ass Samuel L. Jackson character of debtors.


That's not very gazelle-like.

Is it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home