Vanquishing My Debt

I'm 29 and trying to get a handle on my finances so that, one day, I can buy a home of my own. I've been reading personal finance blogs recently and decided to start one chronicling my own struggles and success (hopefully). I am lucky, considering the amounts of debt and tales of tragedy I've read about... but I am making some positive changes and moving in the right direction.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Rich Dad, Poor Dad

I just began reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki and Shannon L. Lechter.... wow! Just reading the foreword by Lechter was like a punch in the gut - my mom always gave me the same advice about getting good grades, going to college, and finding a great job. My friends and I have often spoken about how this path didn't work for us... or anyone our age that we know, really. And whether it worked or not, we're saddled with debt from student loans from the get-go.

It's a feeling of vindication to read that, yes indeed, times have changed. Old advice is not necessarily good advice.

I am very excited to start reading this book!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home