Vanquishing My Debt

I'm 29 and trying to get a handle on my finances so that, one day, I can buy a home of my own. I've been reading personal finance blogs recently and decided to start one chronicling my own struggles and success (hopefully). I am lucky, considering the amounts of debt and tales of tragedy I've read about... but I am making some positive changes and moving in the right direction.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Score!

I love finding my favourite products at a drastically reduced price - don't you? That's the thrill of thrift stores and garage sales and Craig's List... and now, the 99 Cent Store.

I was there yesterday to buy a few things and I stumbled on a hanging rack of underwear... because of my size (large and lovely), I don't usually check stuff like this. But the fabric caught my eye and I realized it was the same underwear that I had run around like a mad woman buying at Big Lots when it was $1.99 a pair. The brand is Hanes Just My Size, and they make really pretty underwear in larger sizes - it's so nice to not have to stick to plain granny panties! I'm 28, for pete's sake, not 82.

So I load up my little basket, being grateful that I found them at 99 cents a pair. Then I proceed down the aisle... where I find a cardboard container of the same underwear, but these have fallen off of their hangers and are missing the cardstock hangtag... so they've been reduced to 2 for 99 cents! Oh, happy day! I believe I danced an original Irish jig right there in the aisle, claiming myself Lady of the Dance!

Amazing how cheap pretty underwear makes one feel, isn't it?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations from another "large and lovely" lady! I'll have to check out my local store this weekend!

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home