Vanquishing My Debt

I'm 29 and trying to get a handle on my finances so that, one day, I can buy a home of my own. I've been reading personal finance blogs recently and decided to start one chronicling my own struggles and success (hopefully). I am lucky, considering the amounts of debt and tales of tragedy I've read about... but I am making some positive changes and moving in the right direction.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

MSN article - "Weird stuff that hurts your credit"

This article at MSN.com is definitely worth a read - it discusses several oddities in the credit scoring system that can lower your FICO score. For instance, Capitol One refuses to disclose your credit limit to the credit bureaus, forcing the bureaus to use the highest balance you've ever had as a replacement amount. So if the highest amount you've ever had on your Capitol One card is $150, but your limit is $10,000, guess which number will pop up on your credit report? Something to think about if you have Capitol One cards (which I do).

Interesting stuff... I highly recommend the article, especially for newbies to personal finance like myself.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up! I always love credit score articles.

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home