Vanquishing My Debt

I'm 29 and trying to get a handle on my finances so that, one day, I can buy a home of my own. I've been reading personal finance blogs recently and decided to start one chronicling my own struggles and success (hopefully). I am lucky, considering the amounts of debt and tales of tragedy I've read about... but I am making some positive changes and moving in the right direction.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Thursday, September 14, 2006

[Sponsered] Handy mortgage calculators

I saw the coolest function on a mortage calculator at Personal Home Mortgages - a function that tells you your finance charges per $1,000. I don't have too much experience with mortgage calculators (since I'm nowhere close to buying a property yet!), but I thought this was a neat feature. They also have a calculator where you can figure how much you're saving if you start making extra payments - everyone should check this out! They have many different calculator features that are really interesting at Personal Home Mortgages.

Another great feature on Personal Home Mortgages is that they have a borrowers forum, where people can post about their different experiences they had and pitfalls they faced when searching for a mortgage company. Unfortunately, there's not many posts yet, but I can see this being a helpful tool in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home